While words can not fully express just how much someone means of us, language can still offer comfort, solace, hope and even inspiration after the passing of a loved one. Here, you’ll discover a select collection of life & death friends quotes and sayings about the grief caused by the loss of a friend.
To fear death, my friends, is only to think ourselves wise, without being wise: for it would be to believe we know what we do not know. For anything that men can tell, death may be the greatest good that can happen to them: but they fear it as if they knew quite well that it was the best of evils. And what is this but that shameful ignorance of thinking that people understand what we don’t know?
- No matter how many plans you make or how much in control you are, life is always winging it.
- You were born a child of light’s wonderful secret— you return to the beauty you have always been.
- All goes onward and outward, nothing collapses, And to die is different from what any one supposed, and luckier.
- Nothing endears so much a friend as sorrow for his death. The pleasure of his company has not so powerful an influence.
- This passion, and the death of a dear friend, would go near to make a man look sad.
- Your lost friends are not dead, but gone before, Advanced a stage or two upon that road Which you must travel in the steps they trod.
- Even the best of friends cannot attend each other’s funeral.
- The comfort of having a friend may be taken away, but not that of having had one.
- There’s a thing that keeps surprising you about stormy old friends after they die; their silence.
- Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity.
Quotes About Life And Death
Too weird to live, too rare to die!
Quotes For Friends
For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.
Inspirational Quotes About Life
Life and death are illusions. We are in a constant state of transformation.
Sayings For Life and Death
You may discover these lines helpful when writing a eulogy or condolence letter, particularly if you’re having trouble finding the proper words and need inspiration.
- While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.
- A friend who dies, it’s something of you who dies.
- The death of a friend is equivalent to the loss of a limb.
- We go to the grave of a friend saying, “A man is dead,” but angels throng about him saying, “A man is born.”
- After all, how often do we get a second chance?
- Sex is kicking death in the ass while singing.
- You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you.
- Because I can count on my fingers the number of sunsets I have left, and I don’t want to miss any of them.
- Life is but a dream for the dead.
- The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our separate ways, I to die, and you to live. Which of these two is better only God knows.